Wine and art share a profound connection since times immemorial. When we picture an artist deep into creating his art, we imagine him or her to be holding his paintbrush in one hand and a glass of wine in the other. Perhaps this is because wine stimulates the minds and produces more creativity. Hence, such an effect of wine degustations deserves to be delved deep into as well.
Why is it art?
You may be wondering how the simple process of tasting and drinking a glass of wine can be considered an art. Well, it is not just sipping and gulping down the drink. The wine tasting process involves more than it suggests. Look at the following steps involved in wine tasting.
● Firstly, you need to make a fine observation of the wine’s color before you drink it. This allows you to gather knowledge about the quality and age of the wine.
● Secondly, take a swirl, and the wine will leave a deeper or lighter color that will suggest its flavor and texture.
● Thirdly, smell the wine. This is not only a soothing experience but also enhances the wine tasting process as a whole.
● Fourthly, don’t just straight away gulp down the wine. Let it stay in your mouth for a while so that you can feel the taste and the flavor more deeply.
● Finally, savor the process. Make it memorable by following all the above steps.
See it? It is surely not a one-step process but requires all your senses to come into work, which is exactly what art does as well. It touches all of your senses! Therefore, there is no doubt that the process of tasting wine can be considered an art for now and forever.